With the start of a new year comes a new photography competition and a new chance to showcase your creative talent. 2015’s inaugural CoinaPhoto photography contest takes inspiration from the time of year, challenging you, the photographer, to capture the essence of ‘Beginnings.’
Whether it’s a New Year celebration, the start of a journey, a hobby, a new love in your a life, or indeed even a new life itself we want you to capture it through a camera lens.
There are $1,000 worth of Amazon vouchers up for grabs; $500 for first prize, $300 for 2nd and $200 for 3rd. As with all our photography competitions, our judging panel will choose a shortlist of their top 10 before opening the voting up to our CoinaPhoto users. The final decision on the winner will based on both the number of final votes and which photo our judges deem best.
Entry to the competition closes on Sunday 1st February, with the shortlisted finalists being announced on Monday, 2nd and the eventual winner crowned on February 11th.
So good luck and happy snapping!
For those new to CoinaPhoto, below is a step by step guide to publishing photos in the Public library and entering our latest photography competition using Desktop website
- http://www.coinaphoto.com/register/: Sign up using your existing Facebook, twitter, G+ or Instagram credentials or simply using your email
- On the home page, click on ‘My photo libraries’ icon on top of the screen
- Select ‘Add new’ and ‘Upload Photo’ for the competition
- Choose the category ‘Beginnings’ from the category selection menu
- Hit ‘save’ and it’s done!
Last month we launched our CoinaPhoto iOS app, making it easier for you to upload your best photos on the move. Here’s a quick a step-by-step guide to publishing photos in the Public library using iOS mobile app
- Download and sign in to the CoinaPhoto app
- Go to my public library by tapping on the little grey icon with a person and picture
- Create new album title and add photo to the album
- Fill out the boxes detailing your photos title etc. and select ‘Beginnings’ as category
- Upload your photo!